A customer avatar worksheet for your niche website business is a detailed description of a person who represents a specific target market for your niche website business.
This isn’t a real person, but you need to make them real to you because it makes it much easier to understand where they get their information from and what’s going on in their lives and – therefore how they re will they respond to your marketing messages you put on your niche website platform and other marketing channels.
Below is a structured customer avatar worksheet every niche website business owner should complete.
1. Think about your ideal customer
- Lives where?
- School Attended?
- Job Title?
- Annual Household Income in your country ?
- Hair color? ______
- Eyes? ____
- Weight? _______
2. Now, flesh out the personal details. This will help you better understand your customer prospects and dramatically improve your marketing efforts in your niche website business:
- How many years in the current job?
- Current salary?
- How many jobs are held during the course of a career?
- Political views?
- Religious views?
- Personal interests?
3. Go deeper. Think about a typical day in the life of your ideal customer prospect or ideal visitor to your website.
- Favorite brands?
- Favorite Websites?
- Source for breaking news?
- Source for industry or business news?
- Uses Twitter?(Yes/no) Facebook? (Yes/no) LinkedIn? (Yes/no) Other?
- Personal goals:
- Business goals:
- Family goals:
4. List at least 3 problems your ideal customer is having that makes them an ideal customer for your niche website business.
5. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen to your ideal customer if their problem isn’t eventually solved?
- How would this make your customer feel?
- How might their boss react?
- What would their friends and family react and think?
- What could happen to their career or personal lifestyle?
- What could be the financial consequences?
- What could be the professional consequences?
- What could be the personal consequences?
- What is your customer secretly afraid of?
6. What is the best thing that could possibly happen to your ideal customer if their problem is solved by your niche website business?
- What would their “perfect solution” look like?
- What is it that they really want, more than anything else?
- What would they be willing to pay almost anything for?
- How can your product or service match up to your customer’s real needs and desires?
- How can your business help solve your customer’s problems?
- What is it that you are trying to provide your customers?
7. Now, create a short story about your customer avatar.
- Include details about their life and professional background.
- Explain what impact a problem is having.
- How is this problem making your customer feel?
- What types of frustrations does your customer keep having?
- What does your customer need more than anything?
- How can your business best provide the product or service that’s needed most?
- Write down your story. Make as many copies of your story as necessary, or use additional sheets of paper:
Thinking about launching a niche website? Please check our platform to see if we can meet your needs. Click here